Wednesday 11 April 5:30 – 7:00pm – networking event for members and your colleagues
Join us for a post-work get-together to catch up on news and speak to sector representatives. For this first 2018 event we will meet at the MLC Centre Sydney, right by Martin Place Station. Details to follow soon.
Tuesday 1 May – half day PD session: under 18 students
This session will focus on case study examples of best practice policies and guidelines for under 18 students. We will review in consideration of the National Code 2018. Details to follow soon.
Coming Soon! – half-day PD session: international student mental health & staff self-care
This session will cover:
- What support services does your institution have for international students
- What is your institution’s critical incident policy?
- First-hand experiences of counsellor/student advisors on issues they encounter, how it affects them, and self-care practices
- Presentation from English Australia about the 2018 research and guidelines on international student mental health
- Opportunity to share your experiences and best practice
- Guidance on self-care/workshops for professional staff