- This event has passed.
ISANA: Industry Collaboration Session about the Lived Experience Toolkit (LET)
October 21 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm AEDT
Registration: CLICK HERE
LET is an exciting partnership between ISANA and SIC (Story IS Connection) that will engage NSW international students in relation to the challenges that have impacted their mental health and well-being. Content for a film will be developed through a story-telling process. Experts by experience will educate experts by profession about the mental health issues impacting international students’ experience. The personal stories shared by international students will form the basis of a digital orientation toolkit, sensitively crafted into seven film chapters. This resource will inspire conversation and destigmatize mental health within the international student community whilst serving as a vital contribution to the NSW education and service provider sectors. The final product will provide clear pathways to NSW support services and be available to NSW institutions.
The collaboration of ISANA with Story Is Connection (SIC) ensures an informed and innovative resource. ISANA is well established and continues to assist those directly and professionally engaged in the provision of international education services. SIC has successfully implemented creative storytelling projects that mobilise the voice and agency of international students, their underpinned by the unique ability of the artistic director Catherine Simmonds OAM to draw forth the private, untold experiences of ordinary people into the public sphere, a practice she has developed over 30 years.
Some examples of SIC projects include:
- ‘Act of Translation’ won: 2018 Multicultural Awards for Excellence as Community Innovation from Victorian Multicultural Commission (Page 9) The 2 min trailer from AOT documentary http://storyisconnection.com/aot/
- Be You Be Scene (Stories at the Heart of Change) A collaboration between ISANA and SIC: Finalists of PIEoneer award (Student support) in 2019
- A permanent film installation at the Immigration Museum Melbourne http://storyisconnection.com/forget-the-stereotypes/
Industry partners involvement in the project:
- Become part of the consultation panel identifying and guiding the issues explored
- Register your interest in being involved in one of the film chapters. Teachers / Advisors in response to student content
- Promote the opportunity to be in this project to your students
- Be on the mailing list to receive updates about the toolkit
For more information please contact: Annette Kalczynska, email@example.com
Study NSW is a branch within Investment NSW committed to supporting
the NSW international education sector and improving the experience of international students in the state.
Study NSW supports Partner Projects that align with its objectives and are jointly funded and delivered with organisations in the international education sector.